If you want to bring a lot of traffic to your blog or website from search engines like Google, then you will have to use SEO techniques.
SEO means mainly two ways of optimizing your website in Search Engine Optimization: On-page and Off-page.
In On-page SEO we do optimization inside our website whereas in Off-page we have to work outside our website.
We have already told you about the on-page SEO techniques. Today we are going to know what is off-page SEO? What is Off-Page SEO in Hindi and how do off-page SEO?
What is off-page SEO? What is Off-Page SEO
Off-Page SEO is an activity outside the website to rank your website in search engines.
Off-page SEO takes care of things like backlinks, social signals, brand mentions, local SEO.
Using off-page SEO techniques, we try to convince our visitors and search engines that the content of our website or blog is trustworthy and people are liking it.
We can do this through link building and social signals:
- Link building: When another website gives a backlink to your content, Google considers that content more valuable and useful. This increases the chances of higher ranking.
- Social signals: If your content gets more like and share on social media then it becomes popular among people and Google also considers it a positive signal.
But these are not the only two factors in Off-page SEO, you can do many other things. Today we are going to talk about some of those popular off-page SEO techniques.
What is the difference between On-Page and Off-Page SEO?
- On-Page SEO: Optimizing the content, speed, etc. of a website is called On-Page SEO. In this, we optimize the title, description, URL structure, internal linking, etc.
- Off-Page SEO: External activities outside the website like backlink, social media marketing, etc. are called off-page or off-site SEO.
|On-Page SEO||Off-Page SEO|
|Meta Description||Guest Blogging|
|Internal Linking||Brand Mentions|
|URL Structure||Local SEO|
Why is off-page SEO necessary?
Just think what will happen if two websites have written an article on the same topic and both have the same quality?
Who will Google rank first?
It is obvious that Google will need some such factor with the help of which it can decide which of the two sites will be ranked first.
If both websites have done the optimization using the same on-page SEO strategies, then in such a situation Google takes the help of off-page SEO signals.
In this case, the quality of the two websites whose backlinks will be higher (whose off-page SEO will be better) will rank at number one. This is the way the search engine works.
Off Page SEO Benenfits
- Domain Authority: This increases your domain authority.
- Search Engine Ranking: This helps your website/blog to rank better in SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
- Social & Referral Traffic: There are ways of social media marketing and link building off-site SEO and this also gives referral traffic to your site from social media and other platforms.
- Online Branding: When your site appears on search engines, social media and other internet platforms, it builds your brand.
How to do off-page SEO? (How to do Off-Page SEO
There are many ways to do off-page SEO and these also change from time to time. You can read about the Off-page SEO Techniques working at the moment.
Link building occupies the most important position in off-site SEO. When you create a backlink, Google gives more importance to your content.
You can think of backlinks as a vote, the more backlinks your site has, the more you will be ahead of your competitor.
But here backlink means quality backlink. While creating a backlink, it must be kept in mind that the site you are taking backlink from should be relevant to your content and should not be spammy.
It is the era of social media, what is trending nowadays, it is only through social media. Search engines like Google also use it as a ranking signal.
You should use social media platforms like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram well.
If your article, image, videos etc. are being shared by people on social media. People are mentioning your brand, talking about your content, then it is a positive signal. This will increase your chances that your content will rank on the search engine as well.
When you post an article on another blog, then it is called guest blogging, guest posting. This is a great way of off-site SEO. It has many benefits such as:
- When you do guest posting, the owner of the blog gives you a backlink inside the post or in the bio below the post.
- This allows the audience of that website to know about you and your popularity increases.
- By clicking on the backlink, people come to your site, then it also gets referral traffic.
But for this work also you should choose quality sites only.
With Influencer Marketing, you can promote your content by using the reputation of another person or website.
For example, you can collaborate with someone who has more followers on social media and ask them to share their content. You can also get this work done by paying money to social media influencers.
Local SEO i.e. directory listing is also considered very effective for Off-page SEO. If you put your business’s local listing on websites such as Google My Business, Yahoo Local etc. then people get to know about your business.
This increases the reputation and trust level of your business. This gives the search engine a positive signal and you can rank your content on the SERP.
A forum is a great place where you can promote your website. It is also a technique of Off-page SEO. You can use question answer platforms like Quora, Yahoo Answers.
You can answer the questions related to your content and can also share the link of your site there.
Conclusion – Off-Page SEO
Just as we optimize the article of our blog using on-page SEO, it is also necessary to use off-page SEO techniques.
But even in this work, you should take care of some things like if your blog is new, then you should not focus too much on making backlinks, but should focus on writing quality articles.
In the case of backlinks, many people also make big mistakes, such as: creating lots of backlinks for a new blogs, going to other blogs to make backlinks and comment spam, etc.
You should not do any work that is unnatural in the eyes of the search engine. This may cause you to face a negative ranking.
We hope you liked this information about Off-page SEO. Please let us know by commenting on your opinion or suggestions below on this subject.